New courses are beginning mid-July. If you
want your name added to a waiting list, please email me at . Indicate which age group you are interested in.
HOW TO WRITE A
Now YOU Can Create Your Own Ghost Story!
Have you ever wanted to write a ghost story, or create a series of books guaranteed to chill and thrill the reader?
Well, now you can!
From Harry Potter to Hocus Pocus, Goosebumps to The Nightmare Before Christmas, these authors and screenplay writers are banking huge royalties. R.L. Stine's net worth is $200 million, while J.K. Rowling boasts a jaw-dropping $1 billion! There's big money in writing children's books and adult novels, and these two authors alone prove paranormal sells!
In this course you will learn how to find a great story idea, develop a plot, create compelling characters, set the atmosphere and pacing, use cliffhangers and twists, the art of the "arc", create believable dialogue, and the secret of mastering suspense and timing.
See the Course Details Below...
1 Week Course
1. Choose the Age Group
2. Choose the Date & Time Slot
8-12 years old
13-16 years old
(more classes will be added in July)
10 Students per Course.
Each class is 1 hour, Monday-Friday.
Total of 5 hours.
This is a LIVE course over Zoom, MST time. Please be mindful of your time zone.
Limited Number of Spots!
1. Introduction to Ghost Stories &
3. Location & Setting
5. Suspense, Cliffhangers & Twists
2. Finding a Story Line & Plot
4. Characters & Dialogue
June 22nd & July 6th
. Sign-Up NOW!
What You Need To Know:
1. All classes are interactive. The students are encouraged to ask questions and they will be given projects to test what they've learned. Video clips of popular spooky movies will be shown to emphasize content.
2. All classes are tailored to the age group. Nothing inappropriate or too scary will be in the young children's courses.
3. Students will need paper and pencil or pen.
4. A short break will be offered after 30 minutes of class.
5. You will be sent an email with your link to join the Zoom meeting you signed up for. Zoom is free to you and easy to download.
6. As part of the course, I am offering a FREE review of the student's completed story for up to 2 months after the course ends. It can be emailed to me and I will offer advice and editing suggestions. I will also offer advice on how to self-publish or find a traditional publishing house.
My goal is to make this a fun, interactive course that will teach the student how to craft a polished story for any genre. But, for now...let's write a ghost story!
I'm Rebecca F. Pittman. I'm a bestselling author of 13 titles. My History and Haunting series of non-fiction books lands me regularly on TV, radio & podcasts where I'm interviewed concerning new evidence I've found or paranormal activity I've encountered.
My juvenile fiction book is called
T.J. Finnel and the Well of Ghosts.
I have a series of mysteries coming out soon with a supernatural bent.